peek-a-boo highlights

< Previous | Next >

GamblingCamel

USA English
_______ do cabelo ______?

"Peek-a-boo highlights": pops of color underneath the layers of your hair, so your roots are strategically concealed.
Peek-a-boo ~ A game for amusing a small child, in which one covers one's face or hides and then returns to view saying "Peekaboo!"

Online I've seen "highlights" in EN used by Brazilians.

• Nonstar

Portuguese/BR
    Hi, Camel.
    I don't know any hairdressers lingo for that. Perhaps mechas para disfarçar/encobrir. As the highlights are 'covering' the 'grays', maybe 'mechas de cobertura'. Yes, I'm pushing a tad! :D

GamblingCamel

USA English
    Perhaps mechas para disfarçar/encobrir. As the highlights are 'covering' the 'grays', maybe 'mechas de cobertura'. Yes, I'm pushing a tad! :D
    Peek-a-boo highlights are not covering the "grays"; rather, they're providing an "exciting" color that's different from the natural color at the roots.
    Some people think that peek-a-boos are dashing. :)

Last edited:

Nonstar

Portuguese/BR
    Oops!
    I assumed that there were grays, somewhere. :D
    Maybe I focused too much on 'roots strategically concealed', Camel, sorry! Guess I'd stay with mechas, only.

GamblingCamel

USA English
    Maybe I focused too much on 'roots strategically concealed', Camel, sorry! Guess I'd stay with mechas, only.
    No, I'm the sorrier one. I took that quote from a young woman's hair styling blog without realizing how you guys might interpret "strategically".
    Personally, I think that the girl is covering up an ANT mound in her hair. :D

< Previous | Next >