people’s life around the world.

< Previous | Next >

xunilxunil

Banned
Urdu
Throughout the history, there have been phenomena posing threat to people’s life around the world. Global warming is the gradual increase in average temperature of earth’s atmosphere, which causes the natural forces on the earth such as destructive earthquake, violence winds, severe storms and so on.

Throughout the history, there have been phenomena posing threat to people’s lives around the world. Global warming is the gradual increase in average temperature of earth’s atmosphere, which causes the natural forces on the earth such as destructive earthquake, violence winds, severe storms and so on.

I am not sure which one is correct since both of them make sense to me.

Could you explain which one is correct and why?I have come across to many sentences like these which I don't know when use plural or single as both of them seem to be correct and reasonable.

• owlman5

English-US
    If you want to talk about a general threat to the existence of all humans, "human life" by itself should be okay. You can also use "people's lives" or "human lives", but I don't think they are any better than "human life" in that particular sentence:

Throughout () history, there have been phenomena posing threats to people’s lives/to human lives/to human life around the world.

< Previous | Next >