people who with the greatest respect to them are a bit unhappy

• Copyright

American English
    More context:

The lawyer told jurors: “Mr Taghipour is a doctor, 85 per cent of his patients are women.

“He's dealing with his clients in relation to intimate, personal concerns in which their self esteem is deeply involved, you may think.

“Probably some of these clients are normal members of the public with a lump that they may want sorted out. [Cut sentence to comply with four-sentence rule.]

“You may think that at least some of the women who come back and back for surgical operations to their appearances are bound to be people who with the greatest respect to them are a bit unhappy with life, neurotic maybe.”

Paraphrase of the last sentence with a great deal of latitude: You may (rightly) think that at least a few of the women who repeatedly have surgical operations to alter their appearance must surely be people who – and I refer to them with the greatest respect when I say this – are a bit unhappy with life. Even neurotic.

shaban

Persian-Iran
    More context:

The lawyer told jurors: “Mr Taghipour is a doctor, 85 per cent of his patients are women.

“He's dealing with his clients in relation to intimate, personal concerns in which their self esteem is deeply involved, you may think.

“Probably some of these clients are normal members of the public with a lump that they may want sorted out. [Cut sentence to comply with four-sentence rule.]

“You may think that at least some of the women who come back and back for surgical operations to their appearances are bound to be people who with the greatest respect to them are a bit unhappy with life, neurotic maybe.”

Paraphrase of the last sentence with a great deal of latitude: You may (rightly) think that at least a few of the women who repeatedly have surgical operations to alter their appearance must surely be people who – and I refer to them with the greatest respect when I say this – are a bit unhappy with life. Even neurotic.
    Thanks a lot

< Previous | Next >