Per evitare qualsiasi disguido, la invitiamo per il futuro a...

Justelah

Italiano
Salve,

Sto scrivendo un'email ad una nostra anziana cliente, che ci ha inviato un piccolo pagamento in contanti in busta… che sfortunatamente non ci è mai giunto.
Ho quindi intenzione di scriverle:

"Per evitare qualsiasi disguido, la invitiamo per il futuro a servirsi di carta di credito, PayPal o bonifico bancario, compilando per prima cosa il nostro form online."​

Il mio tentativo:

"In order to avoid any inconvenience, we invite you for the future to use credit card, PayPal or bank transfer, first filling out our online form."​

Ho il dubbio che la parte sottolineata sia una traduzione troppo letterale dall'italiano e non so se in inglese risulti naturale o scorrevole… potete aiutarmi? :confused:

• rrose17

Canada, English
    Charles'/YLR's is absolutely more natural sounding but just wanted to say that to my North American ear it sounds almost too polite when addressing someone who allegedly sent you cash in an envelope :)eek:). Just as an alternative might I suggest the following ;)
    (In order to avoid any such problems) For any future orders we would kindly ask you to use a credit card, PayPal or a bank transfer after first filling out our online form.

Justelah

Italiano
    Thank you very much, You little ripper! and rrose17!
    I like both of your suggestions, maybe the rrose17's one is more similar to what I had in mind.
    So, can I write…

"In order to avoid any such problems, for any future orders we would kindly ask you to use credit card, PayPal or bank or Western Union transfer after first filling out our online form" ..?

Please note that:
    - I included the Western Union transfer I forgot to mention previously
    - I omitted the article "a" before "credit cart" and "bank or Western Union transfer"
    Is that correct?

rrose17

Canada, English
    I think you'd need the "a" before credit card. You can say "pay by credit card..." but maybe to make it a little more direct you might try
    For future orders and to avoid any such problems please fill out our online form first. (Please note that) We accept payment by credit card, PayPal, bank/Western Union transfer.

Justelah

Italiano
    I think you'd need the "a" before credit card. You can say "pay by credit card..."
    Ok, thank you :)

but maybe to make it a little more direct you might try
    For future orders and to avoid any such problems please fill out our online form first. (Please note that) We accept payment by credit card, PayPal, bank/Western Union transfer.
    That fact is that the most important thing to avoid any such problems is not to send cash in an envelope :)eek:) but to use other payment methods; filling out our online form is a further suggestion.
    So, if I write...

"In order to avoid any such problems, for any future orders we would kindly ask you to use a credit card, PayPal or a bank or Western Union transfer, after first filling out our online form."

...is that correct?

rrose17

Canada, English
    Maybe just leave out the first "In order" to avoid repeating the word order? You can simply start the sentence with "To avoid..."

You little ripper!

Australian English
    The problem with all this is that we’re talking about a little old lady (well, maybe she’s not so little, but definitely ‘anziana’! :D). The fact that she sent cash through the mail suggests that she probably has no idea about sending money via card or bank cheque. I’m surprised she has email! :eek: Hopefully she has a younger relative who will read it and point her in the right direction! :)

< Previous | Next >