per valutare l´assegnazione dei premi per i prossimi 2 anni

fran06

Italian Italy
I'm not sure I have changed the meaning of the IT sentence, can you please check for me?

Si è riunita la giuria del Premio XX per il dialogo tra le culture per valutare l´assegnazione dei premi per i prossimi 2 anni (2007 – 2008).

The jury for the XX Award for Dialogue Between Cultures met to nominate who to award in the next two years (2007-2008) .

Thanks;)

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Si è riunita la giuria del Premio XX per il dialogo tra le culture per valutare l´assegnazione dei premi per i prossimi 2 anni (2007 – 2008).

The jury for the XX Award for Dialogue Between Cultures met to vote on candidates for the next two years' awards (2007-2008) .

I'm not very sure of this one.
    "Valutare" has so many meanings, yet "nominate" is fairly limited -
    they met to create a list of potential candidates/awardees for the next two years.

fran06

Italian Italy
    I'm not very sure of this one.
    "Valutare" has so many meanings, yet "nominate" is fairly limited - I agree, this is why I asked you guys;)
    they met to create a list of potential candidates/awardees for the next two years.

Thanks Tim:)

_forumuser_

Italian
    I think valutare here just means to discuss.

...to discuss the recipients/nominations/nominees of the award for the next two years.

discuss the assignment or the allotment of the award doesn't sound right to me.

< Previous | Next >