Percentage Rank

RockaRolla

Arabic and English
Hi all, i need your help on this one, how can i say "Percentage Rank" in French?? it's probably more related to mathematicians than linguists :confused:
thanks all.

Bonjour tout le monde, comment je peux traduire "Percentage Rank" en francais???

merci

• jann

co-mod'
    English - USA
    Welcom RockaRolla ! :)

I think you're going to have to give us a little more context if we're going to be able to help you. Can you provide a complete sentence? Can you tell us how the "percentage rank" is calculated?

RockaRolla

Arabic and English
    its actually my high school transcript, they r numbers not percentages, like digits without the % sign, and its my "rank" compared with all other students who passed the same exam at the final year!!! it's a bit complicated i know, even in my native language i had to ask what it means exactly.
    thanks for replying anyway :)

jann

co-mod'
    English - USA
    If 95% of the students in your class did worse in Subject A than you did, then you rank in the top 5%, and you are in the "95th percentile" for Subject A. If there were 200 students in your class, your "class rank" for Subject A would be 10 (because 190 students did worse than you did).

I do not know what your "percent rank" is... so I do not know how to translate it.

RockaRolla

Arabic and English
    but my percentage rank doesn't have anything to do with translating it!!! its a table one column says minimum grade for example and underneath goes like 50 for english 50 for french then a second column tht says maximum grade and again like 100 english 100 french then the student's notes and goes like english 70 french 57 and then a column tht says "percentage rank"!!! for example in english i got 95 out of 100 but my percentage rank was 83.3!!! or for example in social education i got 85 out of hundred and my percentage rank was 67.8 whatever tht means!!!! does tht help now??? so its really like only these 2 words written nothing else and belows them go the numbers!!

< Previous | Next >