"perish" as a noun

< Previous | Next >

George1992

Hi!

In the description of a game there is a sentence ->

Overcome all obstacles and save the entire nation from perish.

I have looked this word up in several dictionaries but none of them say that it is a noun. It's a verb only. So, is it wrong in the desription?

• pob14

American English
    Yes, it's wrong. (Unless Perish is the name of a villain or something in the game, in which case it should be capitalized.)

Edit: Apparently the game is Space Legends, and yes, it's an error in the description.

George1992

Wow! You guessed right!

I downloaded the game. Maybe there will be someone named Perish :) I have thought that the English on that website is right. I'd like to improve my English by playing the games. Would it be a mistake to learn the new words there?

pob14

American English
    I don't know what website you saw it on. I found the quote on many websites (although that particular sentence is missing from several websites that otherwise quote the description).

Myridon

English - US
    I did some research and found the developer is Red Hedgehog Games. The email addresses on their Contact Us page are in Russia (.ru addresses) so there's no guarantee that the English in the game is "native speaker" quality.

< Previous | Next >