peritado

walfrido

cuban spanish
Hi, everyone
I was wondering how to say in English that one is peritado, that is, that one has been assesed by an expert medical commission, that is, a joint of doctors in charge of declaring someone apt for a given job or with certain limitations. On the whole, a person who is peritado is retired before reaching the usual age of retirement or it could also be that this person is considered qualified to work but not going all the way like the rest of his or her work mates. In this regard a person can fall into a classification of one or two depending on his or her health condition. I have heard expressions such as me han peritado, está peritado and the like. What only occurs to me and this my try is I have been assesed by the expert commission, but the length of it in comparison to the Spanish equivalent annoys me a little bit specially when to say estoy peritado is meant as reason not to get pushed by the workmates who ignore this situation. One other thing that might help understand the context in which this word happens is that generally the people who get peritados is because of their health state and they go through a long process including consecutive medical leave of 30 days until 6 months are completed, and than they can be evaluated by the above mentioned commission.
I will appreciate your help.

• Ferrol

Spanish.España
    No creo que "peritado" se use en este contexto en español de España. Diríamos "valorado por una comisión de expertos médicos" y "assess" seríacls palabra

dalv

English - US
    I think what you mean is "he's been put on disability" "he's on disability" meaning he's not able to work due to a health condition/issue, that has been diagnosed by the proper medical experts and it can be temporary or permanent disability.

Jektor

English (UK)
    I was wondering how to say in English that one is peritado, that is, that one has been assesed by an expert medical commission, that is, a board of doctors in charge of declaring someone apt for a given job or with certain limitations...
    The nearest I can think of in English is "expert assessment", "expert appraisal", "expertly assessed" or "professionally assessed" etc. according to the particular circumstances.
    In a medical case, you could say "medically assessed" - "I have been medically assessed as fit for work"

See also:
    forum.wordreference.com - for-referee-purposes.2940373
    forum.wordreference.com - q=expert+assessment

Aviador

Castellano de Chile
    Peritado is evidently the participle of the verb peritar, which in turn comes from the noun perito. So, peritado means subject to the examination by experts.
    It doesn't seem to me that this set of words is normally used in medical contexts in Chile. The fields in which it is usual, though, are criminology and forensics.

Last edited:

dalv

English - US
    I think what you mean is "he's been put on disability" "he's on disability" meaning he's not able to work due to a health condition/issue, that has been diagnosed by the proper medical experts and it can be temporary or permanent disability.
    oops! I think I misunderstood your post, I'll give it another try :)
    I have been evaluated by the medical commission and released to work with the following/certain limitations

< Previous | Next >