perito aziendale corrispondente in lingue estere

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by swamikia, Jul 11, 2008.

  1. swamikia Member

    italian, italy
    I am trying to translate my cv into english and at high school i got the degree of "perito aziendale in corrispondenze estere". So, I saw in another post that "perito aziendale" is translated with business expert, but what about the rest? I tried something like "business expert with international relation" but it does not sound good at all.
    Can any of you help me?!?:confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Murphy

    Murphy Senior Member

    Sicily, Italy
    English, UK
    Hi swamikia,
    It's always difficult to translate educational qualifications accurately, because different countries obviously have different systems. There are a couple of points you need to be aware of:

    1. Degree = laurea. So if you are talking about your High School qualification, you should use "diploma".

    2. The word "expert" implies not only qualifications, but also experience, so I don't think it's the correct word here. The Oxford Paravia dictionary gives one of the translations of "perito" as "someone who has obtained a diploma from a technical high school."

    Perhaps you could describe your qualification as a "Diploma in International Business studies" or something similar.

    I'm no expert in business studies, so you might like to wait for other opinions:)
  3. swamikia Member

    italian, italy
    The problem is that "diploma in international business studies" says that I have knowledge of international business rules or something, but it is not like that. I have this diploma of business BUT what makes the difference is that I can also commercially comunicate with other countries in other languages such as german, english and french. That's what I cannot explain!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Murphy

    Murphy Senior Member

    Sicily, Italy
    English, UK
    In that case, you will probably have to say something like:
    "Diploma in business studies and languages" or
    "Diploma in business studies and English, German and French"
  5. swamikia Member

    italian, italy
    I think that diploma in business studies and languages suits me the best.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  6. Lucy Van Pelt Senior Member

    Florence, Italy
    Anche io ho frequentato la stessa scuola:), anzi per l'esattezza si chiamava I.T.C. per periti aziendali e corrispondenti in lingue estere.

    Quando andavo appunto a quella scuola, l'insegnante d'inglese ce lo faceva tradurre come "...for business experts and foreign correspondents".
  7. k_georgiadis

    k_georgiadis Senior Member

    NJ, USA
    English (AE)
    It could be:

    Business technical expert and foreign-language correspondent/clerk
    In-house business expert and foreign-language correspondent/clerk
  8. tsoapm

    tsoapm Senior Member

    Emilia–Romagna, Italy
    English (England)
    Misleading, I'd say: I agree with Murphy in #2 that "expert" suggests experience, and the foreign correspondents that I know of are TV and print journalists in foreign countries.

Share This Page