perlas de hierro

quizas

English, United States
Hola amigos:

A story I'm translating mentions "perla de hierro." The speaker lists several types of jewelry and "perla de hierro" comes up. I'm not sure what this means. Do Iron Pearls exist?

Any thoughts?

Gracias,
Quizas

• quizas

English, United States
    The context is that the speaker is listing the types of jewelry she owns: "amatistas de cobre, esmeraldas de plata, perlas de hierro..."

Thank you

katiegrace892

English-USA
    I googled "iron pearls" and "perlas de hierro" and I only came up with some random myspace profile and a dog kennel... I'm not sure what it is, but it might mean that she has black pearls, because they look a little bit metallic.. I don't know for sure.

quizas

English, United States
    Thanks Katiegrace892... Black pearls sounds better than Iron Pearls. Other thoughts?

colombo-aussie

Spanish - Colombian
    Hi, I googled it too, and I fond out it is a poem from a perubian poet, therfore I have reach the conclusion he/she is talking in a metaphoric way. So that, I would say "iron perls" as a translation.

colombo-aussie

Spanish - Colombian
    I'm guessing and according to the poem, that they are talking about something that seems to be copper amethysts, silver emeralds and iron pearls.

"las nubes fueron despedazadas en sus fauces y sólo quedaron miles de pedacitos desperdigados allá arriba que se veían como amatistas de cobre esmeraldas de plata y perlas de hierro "

Thanks for the corrections...cya

< Previous | Next >