Persian: اختلاف طبقاتی

• Treaty

Persian
    It should be "class inequality" (as it suggest a social problem). While "Class difference(s)" is also used in this context, it is more neutral and can also cover any type of difference between classes.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    In mainstream Persian, اختلاف does not mean inequality or distinction, it generally means difference, mainly in opinion, e.g. با هم اختلاف دارند ,بينشون اختلاف پيش اومده ,اختلافات زناشويى, it also means conflict, so by right shouldn't اختلاف طبقاتى be 'class conflicts/differences'?

molana

Persian
    so by right shouldn't اختلاف طبقاتى be 'class conflicts/differences'?
    According to my dictionaries, ''class conflict/struggle'' means کشمش/مبارزه/همستیزی ظبقاتی.
    BTW, ''class conflict'' evokes marxism, and I don't think that Ethangale has a marxist attitude to life.:)

Last edited:

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    According to my dictionaries, ''class conflict/struggle'' means کشمش/مبارزه/همستیزی ظبقاتی.
    BTW, ''class conflict'' evokes marxism, and I don't think that Ethangale has a marxist attitude to life.:)
    I agree, although not easy to tell if someone has Marxist tendencies :). But now اختلاف in اختلاف زناشويى and in اختلاف طبقاتى, have different meanings but maybe that's the beauty of languages & that's how they evolve, or, in the case of the latter, was it bad translations in the first place.

< Previous | Next >