Persian: اعتصاب کارگران زن 1912 آمریکا، با سرود گل و نان

Shulamite

English
Etesab kargaran zan 1912 America,ba sorood Nan & gole. I know that Nan & gole is Bread and Roses, and it refers to a poem of that title written by American James Oppenheim. Language and likely country of origin would be great to know. Many thanks for any help.

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    It's Persian. I also recognize zan "woman" and ba "with", and the other words have the right phonetic shape for Persian.

truce

Persian
    Yes, the language of the sentence is Persian.
    The above sentence in Persian script:

اعتصاب کارگران زن 1912 آمریکا، با سرود گل و نان

And the translation is:
    The woman workers' strike 1912 America, with the flower & bread song.

Last edited:

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Etesab kargaran zan 1912 America,ba sorood Nan & gole. I know that Nan & gole is Bread and Roses, and it refers to a poem of that title written by American James Oppenheim. Language and likely country of origin would be great to know. Many thanks for any help.
    e'tesâbe kârgarâne zane 1912e âmrikâ sorude nân o gol - The strike of women workers of 1912 with Bread & Flower. (The women workers' strike of 1912 in the
    US, with Bread and Flowers)

Shulamite

English
    e'tesâbe kârgarâne zane 1912e âmrikâ sorude nân o gol - The strike of women workers of 1912 with Bread & Flower. (The women workers' strike of 1912 in the
    US, with Bread and Flowers)
    Many thanks to all who have greatly helped me over this.
    It's Persian. I also recognize zan "woman" and ba "with", and the other words have the right phonetic shape for Persian.
    Yes, the language of the sentence is Persian.
    The above sentence in Persian script:

اعتصاب کارگران زن 1912 آمریکا، با سرود گل و نان

And the translation is:
    The woman workers' strike 1912 America, with the flower & bread song.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Thanks for prompt help.