Persian: داشته باشه[باشَد] و

Konstantinos

Greek - Athens
بله بله. این آواز خوندن[خواندَن] زیرِ پُلِ خواجو هم حِکایَتی داره؛ حالا چه قَدرِش[چه قدرِ آن] ریشه یِ تاریخی داشته باشه[باشَد] و این ها واقِعا نمی دونم[نمی دانَم]،

Hi all. I don't understand the literal translation of this part: داشته باشه[باشَد] و.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

• Aryamp

Persian
    داشته باشد is the subjunctive mood of دارد
    it makes the sentence more hypothetical.
    چقدرش ریشه تاریخی دارد را نمی دانم
    I don't know how much of it is rooted in history
    چقدرش ریشه تاریخی داشته باشد را نمی دانم
    I don't know how much of it might/could be rooted in history.

In the first sentence you kind of assume there's a historical root , you just don't know how much. With subjunctive there is less certainty there's any history behind it at all. It's more hypothetical.

Konstantinos

Greek - Athens
    Thank you Aryamp for your answer.

If I want to self-confirm your explanation, what do I have to do? I mean, for example, that if I search some online dictionaries about the words داشته, باشد, I cannot tind something.

Also, the و perplexes me.

Thanks again.

shaden99

Farsi - Iran
    بله بله. این آواز خوندن[خواندَن] زیرِ پُلِ خواجو هم حِکایَتی داره؛ حالا چه قَدرِش[چه قدرِ آن] ریشه یِ تاریخی داشته باشه[باشَد] و این ها واقِعا نمی دونم[نمی دانَم]،

Hi all. I don't understand the literal translation of this part: داشته باشه[باشَد] و.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
    بله بله، این آواز خوندن زیر پل خواجو هم حکایتی داره؛ چالا چقدِش ریشه یِ تاریخی داشته باشه و اینا من واقعاً نمی دونم ...
    This is the most common and spoken way to say such a sentence.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    I don't understand the literal translation of this part: داشته باشه[باشَد] و.

Some examples that might also help. I am using گرفتن "to take/get" (subjunctive in bold)

دیروز از او پول را گرفتم - yesterday I got the money from her

...دیروز رفتم از او پول را بگیرم اما - yesterday I went to get the money from him but ... (there was doubt if the event ('getting the money') would happen)

فردا میروم از او پول را بگیرم - tomorrow I am going to get the money from him (the same doubt)

فردا میروم و از او پول را می‌گیرم - tomorrow I am going and taking the money from her (so no doubt in the mind of the speaker that event will happen)

فردا پیش از اینکه تو برسی باید/شاید از او پول را گرفته باشم - tomorrow before you arrive, I must/might have got the money from him (there's doubt if 'getting the money' will happen)
    چه قَدرِش[چه قدرِ آن] ریشه یِ تاریخی داشته باشه[باشَد]
    چقدر از پولم را گرفته باشد، ....نمیدانم - how much of my money she may have got/taken... I don't know