Persian: رفته نبودم or نرفته بودم

alipasha

Turkish - Turkey
I am sorry if there is a similar thread but I couldn't see. Which one is better ? ایشان به ایران رفته نبودند or ایشان به ایران نه رفته بودند

تشکر کنم

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    We write, ایشان به ایران نرفته بودند.
    Are you aware of any examples in literature where the auxiliary verb (بودن) is negated in the present perfect and past perfect? I can only think of the following where یافت I suppose is shortned version for یافته .

گفتند یافت نیست بسے جسته ایم ما
    چیزے که یافت مے نشود آنم آرزوست

mannoushka

Iran/Persian
    Only this:
    فریدونِ فرخ فرشته نبود
    ز مُشک و ز عنبر سرشته نبود
    (فردوسی)

One might expect the line of verse to read ز مشک و ز عنبر نسرشته بود.

It seems the negative verb disintegrates under the weight of its own form, so that سرشته becomes an attribute and stands independently of the verb, which in turn changes tense.

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Only this:
    فریدونِ فرخ فرشته نبود
    ز مُشک و ز عنبر سرشته نبود
    (فردوسی)

One might expect the line of verse to read ز مشک و ز عنبر نسرشته بود.

It seems the negative verb disintegrates under the weight of its own form, so that سرشته becomes an attribute and stands independently of the verb, which in turn changes tense.
    Thank you. I too take the meaning of سرشته as an adjective in the same way as نهفته in the Sa'di line.

تا مرد سخن نگفته باشد
    عیب و هنرش نهفته باشد

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Are you aware of any examples in literature where the auxiliary verb (بودن) is negated in the present perfect and past perfect?
    Not quite in literature, I am sure I have heard خورده‌ نی‌ام for نخورده‌ام in an Iranian regional accent, but that may be subject to debate.