Persian: شیرت بگم کم گفتم

< Previous | Next >

eskandar

English (US)
این اصطلاح را در فیلم «گنج قارون» شنیده بودم. به نظر میاد معنی‌اش شبیه به «دمت گرم» باشد. دقیقا یعنی چه؟ یعنی اگر بهت «شیر» گفتم باز هم کم تعریفت کردم و حتی لایق صفت بهتری هستی؟
این اصطلاح چقدر کاربردی است؟ منظورم اینه که بین دوست‌ها استفاده میشه یا فقط تو فیلم به کار رفته؟

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    An example from the net....

هرچی از زیبایی دخترهای شیراز بگم کم گفتم.

Whatever I say concerning the beauty of Shiraz, I have said little

or in other words: Whatever I say concerning the beauty of Shiraz girls is no exaggeration. (In fact, they are even more beautiful than how I have described them)

Similarly, "It is no exaggeration that I am calling you a lion". (You are stronger/braver than it).

mannoushka

Iran/Persian
    Could you please provide a context, eskandar? Where in the film are the words said and to whom? Thanks!

eskandar

English (US)
    Could you please provide a context, eskandar? Where in the film are the words said and to whom? Thanks!
    Ali says this to Qarun when he thinks he's been rescued by Qarun pretending to be his father. The video is on Youtube (titled Ghanj Gharon گنج قارون ۱۳۴۴) and it occurs at 1:41:38.

mannoushka

Iran/Persian
    Thanks. I watched the youtube recording and the son does say it just as you describe it.
    شیرت بگم کم گفته‌م
    If I call you a lion I have still not said enough.
    Grit must be the quality the character is praising in his father doubling as his father.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    این اصطلاح چقدر کاربردی است؟ منظورم اینه که بین دوست‌ها استفاده میشه یا فقط تو فیلم به کار رفته؟
    I also watched it and your interpretation was correct, as has been confirmed above.

And no this is not used popularly, I have only heard it in this film,

< Previous | Next >