Persian: مثل اینکه دوزاریتان کج است

< Previous | Next >

seitt

English/Welsh
Greetings,

In a TV programme I was watching, a man looked (angrily, I think) at another man and said something like this:
مثل اینکه دوزاریتان کج است

What does this mean, please?
Is دوزاری the same as دوزار? I think that ‘دوزار افتاد’ is a rather colloquial way of saying you now understand.

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Simon

• searcher123

Farsi/Persian/فارسي
    مثل اینکه دوزاریتان کج است
    It seems that you can not understand my mean easily. Because this is a critical sentence, surely that was:
    مثل اینکه دوزاریت کج است
    مثل اینکه دوزاریت کجه‌ها!ا

Is دوزاری the same as دوزار?
    Please take a look here

I think that ‘دوزار افتاد’ is a rather colloquial way of saying you now understand.
    دوزاريت افتاد؟ = Do you understand it? (this phrase fairly is a critical phrase)

seitt

English/Welsh
    Many thanks, very helpful, and so nice to see that useful thread again.

I'm afraid my own dozāri seems to have been somewhat bent as it's only just occurred to me that a bent coin won't go into the machine so it won't drop!

Sorry if I'm missing something, but does the thread you provide a link to talk about دوزاری vs. دوزار too?

searcher123

Farsi/Persian/فارسي
    I'm afraid my own dozāri seems to have been somewhat bent as it's only just occurred to me that a bent coin won't go into the machine so it won't drop!
    In old days, the coin that was used if you would like to dial with a public phone was دوزاري. Some times if the coin was a little bit twisted, that was caught between the throat of the phone machine. In this situations we must punch the phone hardly to the coin find its way to inside and communication get started.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but does the thread you provide a link to talk about دوزاری vs. دوزار too?
    دوزاري is the coin's name and دوزار is its unit that is equal with دو ريال.

seitt

English/Welsh
    Many thanks, a valuable correction - so am I right in thinking that مثل اینکه دوزارت کج است (dozāret) etc. etc. is a mistake? I just want to be sure as this is what I've always used, so I guess I have a mistake to unlearn?

seitt

English/Welsh
    Many thanks to you both. I remember a programme about a very domineering man who was always saying ؟افتاد in a very aggressive way. This is short for دوزاریت افتاد؟, isn't it?

< Previous | Next >