Persian: می گویَند vs می گن

Konstantinos

Greek - Athens
Hi all. I found this:

می گن[می گویَند] تو اِصفَهان هر کی خواسته ای داره[دارَد] یا دِلِش گرفته است، می ره[می رَوَد] زیرِ پُلِ خواجو می خونه[می خوانَد]. این چیه[چیست]؟

I want to check whether I understand properly the Persian grammar:

می گویَند: this is alternative spelling of می‌گویند which is "literary Iranian Persian" 3rd person plural indicative present imperfect.

می‌ گن‎: This is alternative spelling of می‌گن which is ‎"colloquial Tehrani" 3rd person plural indicative present imperfect.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    می گویَند: this is alternative spelling of می‌گویند which is "literary Iranian Persian" 3rd person plural indicative present imperfect.

می‌ گن‎: This is alternative spelling of می‌گن which is ‎"colloquial Tehrani" 3rd person plural indicative present imperfect.
    Only the present (stem) tense of some Persian verbs get colloquialised but the conjugating part of all verbs in all tenses can generally be colloquialised:
    می‌گویند --> می‌گن so present stem goes from گو/gu to گ/g

but the past tense e.g. می‌گفتن/they said, the past stem (گفت) stays in tact and conjugating part goes from to ند/and to ن/an

For the following verb, the present stem (ریز) stays but the conjugating part does the same as above.
    می‌ریزند --> می‌ریزن "they pour/spill/drop"

For the conjugating part there is one colloquial form and that is for the 3rd person plural: from 'ند /and' to 'ن/an' e.g. آنها رفتند/they went to اونا رفتن, there is another polite colloquial form for 2nd person plural یید to ین so شما رفتید/you went to شما رفتین.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    می گویَند: this is alternative spelling of می‌گویند
    the difference between these is the presence of 'zebar' on ی, to make the reader aware of the short 'a' sound on it, also the full space between می‌ and گویند which is not allowed these days, instead you use a zero width non-joining space.