Persian: نوع - الگو

prashanthmv

Tamil
Hi,

I’m working on a project for a typography competition where we need to make posters with the word type in different languages. I found two words in google translate. I’m just wondering if any of these actually means type as in typography.

1. نوع
2. الگو

If someone can help me out with this, I’d really appreciate it.

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Type in this context refers to letters that produce the print, in Persian they are called حروف چاپ/horufe čāp "print letters"

لگو is a general word for a model/pattern (to make copies from), also figuratively a role model, you can use it here but it is not specific enough for printing letters.

نوع also means type or kind, as in ‘type/kind of something’ not the type you are after.

I would say چاپ/čāp "print" on its own may be the best option, let's see what others think.

prashanthmv

Tamil
    Type in this context refers to letters that produce the print, in Persian they are called حروف چاپ/horufe čāp "print letters"

لگو is a general word for a model/pattern (to make copies from), also figuratively a role model, you can use it here but it is not specific enough for printing letters.

نوع also means type or kind, as in ‘type/kind of something’ not the type you are after.

I would say چاپ/čāp "print" on its own may be the best option, let's see what others think.
    Wow thank you so much! Really appreciate your reply. You’ve helped us a lot!