Persian: نیاندیشی or نیندیشی

PersoLatin

UK
Persian - Iran
A while ago I came across نیندیشی & نیندازی for نیاندازی/nayandâzi and نیاندیشی/nayandiŝi, I had assumed they were colloquially spelt but recently I have seen them used in formal text, does anyone know if this is an approved style along with the 'correct' style?

If that style is correct then میاندیشی/may-andiŝ-i becomes میندیشی etc.

نی-اندیش-ی/nay-andiŝ-i single 2nd person negative present subjunctive of اندیشیدن "to think/ponder", similarly for انداختن "to throw/cast/sling"

EDIT: Just remembered where I have seen نیندیشی, on "ganjoor", in the following verse from Ferdôsi:
نبینی تو این خاطر تیز من
نیندیشی از تیغ خونریز من

Last edited:
  • Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    A while ago I came across نیندیشی & نیندازی for نیاندازی/nayandâzi and نیاندیشی/nayandiŝi, I had assumed they were colloquially spelt but recently I have seen them used in formal text, does anyone know if this is an approved style along with the 'correct' style?

If that style is correct then میاندیشی/may-andiŝ-i becomes میندیشی etc.

نی-اندیش-ی/nay-andiŝ-i single 2nd person negative present subjunctive of اندیشیدن "to think/ponder", similarly for انداختن "to throw/cast/sling"

EDIT: Just remembered where I have seen نیندیشی, on "ganjoor", in the following verse from Ferdôsi:
    نبینی تو این خاطر تیز من
    نیندیشی از تیغ خونریز من
    The only reason that I can think of is that words like ننیاندازی and نیاندیشی could be read as "nayaandaazii" and "nayaandeshii". So, technically, the style you have come across is more accurate in depicting the correct pronunciation.