Persian: پالیختن pâlixtan

PersoLatin

UK
Persian - Iran
Is پالیختن/pâlixtan a Persian verb and if it is, what does it mean & is پالیز/pâliz "garden, orchard..." its present stem?

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Is پالیختن/pâlixtan a Persian verb and if it is, what does it mean & is پالیز/pâliz "garden, orchard..." its present stem?
    aaqaa-ye-PersonLatin, no doubt you must have checked on the net for this verb. I have been able to find only one occurrence of it at this location.

جرینه | آبان ۱۳۹۲

I have access to a book under the title فھرست فعلھای فارسی با معنای آنھا and this book appears to be a comprehensive collection of Persian verbs, its sources being the important Persian dictionaries as well as the diivaans of well known Persian poets. This particular verb is not listed in this book.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Thank you, I did a search and as you say there was only one reference and that was it and I can't work out what it means from that confusing line in that link.

The reason I asked the question is that we know آلودن/âludan means "to pollute" and پالودن/pâludan "to filter, strain, refine", so the addition of پ/p to آلودن has changed the meaning to its opposite. Now آلیختن/âlixtan means "to kick, leap" so I thought, will adding پ/p to it have the same effect, and that's where I got پالیختن/pâlixtan, thenپالیز/pâliz jumped out of it.

BTW, there are now three references for پالیختن/pâlixtan online, the two new ones are because of this thread :)

Last edited: