Persian: after all

< Previous | Next >

taraa

Persian
What is the Farsi equivalent for 'after all'?
"I knew you didn't want to go; so I'm really pleased you had a good time after all.

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    "I knew you didn't want to go; so I'm really pleased you had a good time after all.
    in Persian, in this type of context we use حالا ‏که ‏رفتی for "after all", certainly in day-to-day speech. Also here "after all" simply means "in the end". Other options:
    می دونستم نمی خواستی بری، حالا که رفتی/گذشته از ‏اون/اون ‏بکنار ‏ خوشحالم بهت خوش گذشت
    می دونستم نمی خواستی بری، ولی خوشحالم اقلن بهت خوش گذشت

Last edited:

utopia62000

Persian
    در بعضی موارد بجای "هرچی باشه" هم میتوان بکار برد مثلاً
    I will try to give you the big part of the job to you. After all, you are more experienced than all others.
    من سعی میکنم قسمت بیشتر کار رو به تو بدم. هر چی باشه تو از همه با تجربه تری.

taraa

Persian
    in Persian, in this type of context we use حالا ‏که ‏رفتی for "after all", certainly in day-to-day speech. Also here "after all" simply means "in the end". Other options:
    می دونستم نمی خواستی بری، حالا که رفتی/گذشته از ‏اون/اون ‏بکنار ‏ خوشحالم بهت خوش گذشت
    می دونستم نمی خواستی بری، ولی خوشحالم اقلن بهت خوش گذشت
    Many thanks for the great eplanation. :thank you::thank you::thank you:

taraa

Persian
    در بعضی موارد بجای "هرچی باشه" هم میتوان بکار برد مثلاً
    I will try to give you the big part of the job to you. After all, you are more experienced than all others.
    من سعی میکنم قسمت بیشتر کار رو به تو بدم. هر چی باشه تو از همه با تجربه تری.
    Thank you so much. :thank you::thank you::thank you:

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Would بھر حال fit in this context?

می دانستم نمیخواستی بروی ولی رفتی۔

بھر حال، خیلی خوشحالم کہ تورا خوش گذشت۔

بھر حال = anyway = after all

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Would بھر حال fit in this context?

می دانستم نمیخواستی بروی ولی رفتی۔

بھر حال، خیلی خوشحالم کہ تورا خوش گذشت۔

بھر حال = anyway = after all
    Yes but as with گذشته از ‏اون and اون ‏بکنار there's a subtle difference, the same as there's between 'anyway' and 'after all' in that context in English, the latter is sympathetic and the former less so (...now get on with it), whereas اقلن and حالا که رفتی show a little appreciation of the person's predicament.

بھر حال، خیلی خوشحالم کہ تورا خوش گذشت
    Also, and I am sure you know this, you can change تورا to به ‏تو in modern Persian speech.

Last edited:

taraa

Persian
    Yes but as with گذشته از ‏اون and اون ‏بکنار there's a subtle difference, the same as there's between 'anyway' and 'after all' in that context in English, the latter is sympathetic and the former less so (...now get on with it), where as اقلن and حالا که رفتی show a little appreciation of the person's predicament.
    Many thanks for the awesome explanation. :thank you: :thank you: :thank you:

< Previous | Next >