Persian: Commands for "Turn"

Bienvenidos

USA
Afghanistan/USA
In Afghan Persian it's:

You (informal): Dawr-bexo
You (formal): Dawr-bexonin

It literally means "eat a corner," as in turn. :D :) Is this the same everywhere?

• Alijsh

Persian - Iran
    We don't say dowr boxor. we say dowr bezan (dowr zadan) to e.g. a taxi driver. and becharx (charxidan), begard (gaštan) to e.g. a friend to see if his new clothes fits him.

Alijsh

Persian - Iran
    I just remembered we have also charx xordan (چرخ خوردن) however its meaning is rather diferent: to turn round and round. For the "friend's clothes" example I said above, we can also say: ye charx boxor.

Abbassupreme

United States, English, Persian
    Bepich, in SOME contexts, could mean "turn" (command), but pichidan literally means "to twist". "Turn the [steering] wheel." would be a sentence in which the word would be used: "Farmun raa bepich."

Alijsh

Persian - Iran
    Bepich, in SOME contexts, could mean "turn" (command), but pichidan literally means "to twist". "Turn the [steering] wheel." would be a sentence in which the word would be used: "Farmun raa bepich."
    Thanks! yes, bepich (pichidan) is another word we have.

Farmun raa bepich - we say: farmun-o becharxun/begardun [e.g. be râst]

MOST-WANTED

Afghanistan
    I just remembered we have also charx xordan (چرخ خوردن) however its meaning is rather diferent: to turn round and round. For the "friend's clothes" example I said above, we can also say: ye charx boxor.
    Wit charx we say bezan.Thers is a very popular pop song. It started with Charx bezan charx bezan. And it is dowr bekho.

Alijsh

Persian - Iran
    Wit charx we say bezan.Thers is a very popular pop song. It started with Charx bezan charx bezan. And it is dowr bekho.
    yes, we have charx zadan too. I wonder if you use it with this meaning:

چند ساعتی تو فروشگاه چرخ زدیم و آخرش هم دست خالی برگشتیم خونه

< Previous | Next >