Persian: Difference between یک and -ی Indefinite Article

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
Anyway I completely disagree with the above translation/interpretation, it is simply wrong, it ignores the pivotal function of hami on gardad. Please tell me what's poetic about stating the obvious which the above interpretation does.
Of course many will disagree with me but I can see this misinterpretation has led to a search for a deeper meaning for -i in dam‑i and of course there isn't any, it's added so it rhymes with hami.
I know your comments are addressed to @Derakhshan but please allow me to make a comment. No doubt @Derakhshan will respond to you at his leisure.

From my personal perspective, it matters not what the translation/interpretation is, its poetic merit and what the function of "hame" is (which I know pretty well) and whether you regard the addition of ی in the samples provided as superfulous or not. All I am doing is providing you with examples from the best of the best Persian writers of ی (majhuul) added to a word preceded by این، آن، چنین، چنان etc to back Iqbal's usage. (By the way, the same paper writer gives an example from Shah Naamah too). So, Iqbal's usage of این فقیری is perfectly fine and follows a millenium of such usage.

سرود رفته باز آید کہ ناید
نسیمے از حجاز آید کہ ناید
سرآمد روزگارِ این فقیرے
دگر دانای راز آید کہ ناید

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    You choose to ignore what I say, that of course is your prerogative. I just wish there was someone on this forum who would contribute to this topic & stop this torture for both of us.

Also my comments, as I tried to make clear, were addressed to the references derakhshan provided.

Last edited: