Persian: it sounds disgusting

taraa

Persian
disgusting معادل چندش آوره یا تهوع آور؟​

Grandma: This room smells like an armpit.
Valentino: I agree. Why does it smell like an armpit, Vic?
Vic: Eh, I like that my laundry has a natural must to it.
Grandma: I don't know what's happening but it sounds disgusting. Here, clean up this space.

victor and Valentino animation series

• mannoushka

Iran/Persian
    Hi, taraa.

I often think of the word ‘revolting’ when the revolting thing could potentially make one vomit. ‘Disgusting’ tends more towards ‘offensive’, ‘what causes indignation’, or ‘appalling ’.

Suggestion:
    Why not ask this same question at the English forum. You could take it up in there without bringing up the “Persian equivalent” matter. Just “which one better suggests a nauseating sensation” or something along those lines.

taraa

Persian
    Hi, taraa.

I often think of the word ‘revolting’ when the revolting thing could potentially make one vomit. ‘Disgusting’ tends more towards ‘offensive’, ‘what causes indignation’, or ‘appalling ’.

Suggestion:
    Why not ask this same question at the English forum. You could take it up in there without bringing up the “Persian equivalent” matter. Just “which one better suggests a nauseating sensation” or something along those lines.
    ممنونم
    معادل فارسیشو خواستم بدونم

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    چندش آوره یا تهوع آور؟
    Stomach-churning/turning, repellent.

Just realised you are asking for the Persian equivalent for ‘disgusting’, in the given context زننده conveys the meaning best.

Last edited:

taraa

Persian
    Stomach-churning/turning, repellent.

Just realised you are asking for the Persian equivalent for ‘disgusting’, in the given context زننده conveys the meaning best.

Many thanks. :)

Sorry can I ask the meaning of the sentence, please?
    Grandma: I don't know what's happening but it sounds disgusting. Here, clean up this space.

Last edited:

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    [/
    Don’t forget the conversation was about a smell:
    مادر بزرگ: نمیدونم چه خبره، اما بنظر زننده میاد، بیا، اینجا رو تمیز کن.

taraa

Persian
    Don’t forget the conversation was about a smell:
    مادر بزرگ: نمیدونم چه خبره، اما بنظر زننده میاد، بیا اینجا رو تمیز کن.
    Many thanks. :)

Last edited: