Persian: laundry

taraa

Persian
Can you please explain 'laundry' and the meaning of the sentence in Farsi?

There are stores that will do your laundry for you. So you take your dirty laundry to the laundry (the laundry store).
If I have a lot of laundry to do (for me or my family) I call that task "doing the laundry".

• truce

Persian
    مغازه هایی هستند که رخت و لباس کثیف شما رو میشویند. (یه مغازه هایی تو مایه های خشکشویی های ما) پس رخت و لباس های کثیفتان را به این مغازه ها ببرید

taraa

Persian
    مغازه هایی هستند که رخت و لباس کثیف شما رو میشویند. (یه مغازه هایی تو مایه های خشکشویی های ما) پس رخت و لباس های کثیفتان را به این مغازه ها ببرید
    Many thanks!
    So we don't have separate words for 'laundry(dirty clothes)' and 'doing the laundry' like English?

utopia62000

Persian
    Many thanks!
    So we don't have separate words for 'laundry(dirty clothes)' and 'doing the laundry' like English?
    It's not that we don't have separate words. You are free to choose words to convey what you have in mind. You can use "dirty cloths". Laundry means both the dirty cloths as noun or washing them as verb.

taraa

Persian
    It's not that we don't have separate words. You are free to choose words to convey what you have in mind. You can use "dirty cloths". Laundry means both the dirty cloths as noun or washing them as verb.
    Many thanks!

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    You are actually showing the difference in your own question, "laundry/dirty clothes" and "doing the laundry" which is a general term for "sorting, washing, drying and folding clothes", like "doing the dishes" for ظرف شستن

taraa

Persian
    You are actually showing the difference in your own question, "laundry/dirty clothes" and "doing the laundry" which is a general term for "sorting, washing, drying and folding clothes", like "doing the dishes" for ظرف شستن
    Thank you so much for the great explanations. :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: