Persian: Letters: ؤ إ

PersoLatin

UK
Persian - Iran
Can someone provide examples of use of these letters in any modern Persian words, please? I have seen these on an online Persian keyboard.

For example أ is used in مسأله/جرأت but what are إ and ؤ are used in?

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    I am not aware of إ used in Persian although it is of course used in Arabic. As for ؤ, the first word that comes to mind is مُؤمِن which I suspect would be used in Persian.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    the first word that comes to mind is مُؤمِن which I suspect would be used in Persian.
    Great thanks, that is definitely used but more often that not as مومن, depending on the audience/author.

I am not aware of إ used in Persian although it is of course used in Arabic.
    Please give me some examples of its Arabic use, maybe we use those words but with an /ا/, much like مساله/جرات.

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Great thanks, that is definitely used but more often that not as مومن, depending on the audience/author.

Please give me some examples of its Arabic use, maybe we use those words but with an /ا/, much like مساله/جرات.
    In Arabic, generally speaking when the alif is called hamzatu_lqat3, the alif carries a hamzah and when it is hamzatu_lwasl, it does n't.
    فحملق الفتى في وجهه وهو مبهوت وكف عن الكلام، وقد دار في نفسه خاطر لم يرتح معه إلى صحبة هذا الرفيق

In إلى the alif is hamzatu_lqat3. In Persian (and in Urdu), we would write this word as الی. By the way, there is also of course words such as اطمِئنان and مطمئن which I believe are spelt in the way I have spelt them.

فإن الإنسان يصدق بما هو مخوف على غيره ومحبوب لغيره

< Previous | Next >