Persian: Mazen

Mazdad

United States - English
My son is half Persian and I do not speak a word of Farsi, nor am I familiar with the alphebet. I would like to trannslate his name for many reasons. His name is Mazen . Is there anyone that can help me?

• Tisia

Iran, Persian, Kurdish, English, Finnish
    Hi

I don't think Mazen is an Iranian name. It's an Arabic name and it means "Proper" in Arabic.

By the way in Kurdish it means "Great" it you pronounce the letter 'a' as in 'man', but it is not used as a name in Kurdish.

Regards
    Tisia

Mazdad

United States - English
    Sorry, guess I was asking the wrong question, I know that his name is not Iranian, what I was looking to find is his name written in Farsi. My in-laws did it for me but can only write it, they have no means of showing me on the computer.

Abu Rashid

Australian English
    By the way if you want to reproduce it on the keyboard, just switch to Arabic (if you have it installed as an input language) then type the keys l h . k

And it will write مازن

Alijsh

Persian - Iran
    My son is half Persian and I do not speak a word of Farsi, nor am I familiar with the alphebet. I would like to trannslate his name for many reasons. His name is Mazen . Is there anyone that can help me?
    I have never heard this name used by a Persian. Maybe you mean Mosen (Mohsen). As well as Kurdish which dear Tisia mentioned, in various dialects spoken in north of Iran, Mazen means great however I don't think they use it as a first name. As a side note, Mazdad is a very beautiful name. It dates back to Avestan. Do you know its meaning?

< Previous | Next >