Persian: Men çe guyem tamburam çe zened.

Chazzwozzer

Turkish
Hi,

There's also another version with "guyem" instead of "zened" in the last. Which version is grammatically correct?

Men çe guyem tamburam çe zened.
Men çe guyem tamburam çe guyem.

Does that mean "What am I saying, what my tambura is playing."? Well, I know that it sounds horrible but I don't speak or read Persian and it is what I was told. I suppose it's kind of idiom. What do you think?

By the way, it was said to be Persian, not that I know it certainly is.

• Tisia

Iran, Persian, Kurdish, English, Finnish
    Hi,

There's also another version with "guyem" instead of "zened" in the last. Which version is grammatically correct?

Men çe guyem tamburam çe zened.
    Men çe guyem tamburam çe guyem.
    The second one needs to be corrected:

Men çe guyem tamburam çe guyad. Becuse we are talking about an object or third person singular.
    This is an idiom. For example you tell some one to do some thing but he/she does something else. So in this situation you can use this idiom. Both versions have the same meaning. Basically it means "I say something and he/she does something else".
    Hope this helped.
    Tisia

Tisia

Men çe guyem tamburam çe zened/guyad.
    The sentence literally means "What am I saying and what is my tambura playing/saying".

tambura: musical instrument of the lute family;

Regards
    Tisia

Tisia

"Zened" or "zanad" means "(he/she/i)t hits/beats/plays". It comes fromthe verb "zadan: to beat/hit/play (an instrument)".

Sorry but I found it curious because "zene" in Hungarian means "music".
    Sorry we don't have such a direct translation but there is one idiom we say when there is a party with a lot of music and dance and it is "bezan o bekube", which means there is a lot of music and every body is dancing.

Regards
    Tisia

Chazzwozzer

Turkish
    Great! Thank you, Tisia. :)

I hope it's not much to ask... Well, I've never had the chance to know how Persian sounds and always wondered. Can a native speaker record this idiom and put it here as an audio file, please?

Chazzwozzer

Turkish
    Panjab, you're not addressing to me, right? Because I haven't got any idea how to type them in any other alphabet but Latin.

Hope someone here is kind enough to do this for me. :)

panjabigator

Am. English
    I was addressing anyone who could do it...mainly Tisia. What caught my eye was the fact that I had never seen Farsi transliterated in that way. I had never seen ç in Farsi before.

< Previous | Next >