Persian: relatable

Godot.

Persian
In fact, this method is used by politicians carefully all around the world, as it is important that they are relatable and non-threatening.
this an easy way for people to like you, but not feel threatened.
which one is a better choice in this context? ملموس /در ارتباط با واقعیت یا بجا

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    In fact, this method is used by politicians carefully all around the world, as it is important that they are relatable and non-threatening.
    this an easy way for people to like you, but not feel threatened.
    which one is a better choice in this context? ملموس /در ارتباط با واقعیت یا بجا
    Relatable: someone you can relate to i.e. make a relationship with, in the case of a politician, someone in-touch, friendly, ordinary, approachable and 'of the people'

ارتباط پذیر is the nearest one-to-one translation but مردم دار & مردمی are much better in my view, colloquial versions are خاکی, خودمونی

Godot.

Persian
    Relatable: someone you can relate to i.e. make a relationship with, in the case of a politician, someone in-touch, friendly, ordinary, approachable and 'of the people'

ارتباط پذیر is the nearest one-to-one translation but مردم دار & مردمی are much better in my view, colloquial versions are خاکی, خودمونی
    Thank you for your answer.
    Dose مردمی or خودمونی، خاکی make sense in this sentence:
    Your imperfections are what make you more relatable.
    مردمی، خاکی is ok when when we pertain it to person what if we pertain it to things/ actions

Last edited:

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Dose مردمی or خودمونی، خاکی make sense in this sentence:
    Your imperfections are what make you more relatable.
    No as this is a different context, this is an 'attempt' to complement someone very close or familiar & even then there's a risk of upsetting them, relatable here means, more human/normal/approachable & like the rest. So in Persian عادی/ساده/بی‌شیله‌پیله.

مردمی، خاکی is ok when when we pertain it to person what if we pertain it to things/ actions
    Without an example I would say no for 'things' & maybe for 'actions'.

Last edited:

Godot.

Persian
    great.
    No as this is a different context, this is an 'attempt' to complement someone very close or familiar & even then there's a risk of upsetting them, relatable here means, more human/normal/approachable & like the rest. So in Persian عادی/ساده/بی‌شیله‌پیله.

Without an example I would say no for 'things' & maybe for 'actions'.
    very Great.That was very helpful. can we say دلنشین as the other equivalent?