Persian: resolved

taraa

Persian
Can you please explain all these 'resolve's/'resolution'? What is their English meaning and Persian equivalent?

Names play a very important role in all computer systems. They are used to share resources, to uniquely identify entities, to refer to locations, and more. An important issue with naming is that a name can be resolved to the entity it refers to. Name resolution thus allows a process to access the named entity. To resolve names, it is necessary to implement a naming system. The difference between naming in distributed systems and non distributed systems lies in the way naming systems are implemented.

distributed systems principles and paradigms, Tanenbaum

• Jektor

English (UK)
    This is technical language, but I think "to resolve" and "resolution" here means "decipher" or "decode":
    wordreference.com - definition/decipher

> "Name Resolution:
    This means converting a name into the address required by a machine or network. For example, in a TCP/IP network (the worldwide standard), common examples of name resolution are converting a human-readable name assigned to a computer into its IP address in the network, or converting a domain name to its IP address on the Internet. Looking up a phone number by turning the pages in a telephone book is a human version of name resolution. See address resolution, resolve, naming service, WINS and DNS...
    pcmag.com - term/name-resolution
    networkencyclopedia.com - name-resolution
    google.as - q=computer+resolve+name+meaning

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Names play a very important role in all computer systems. They are used to share resources, to uniquely identify entities, to refer to locations, and more. An important issue with naming is that a name can be resolved to the entity it refers to. Name resolution thus allows a process to access the named entity. To resolve names, it is necessary to implement a naming system. The difference between naming in distributed systems and non distributed systems lies in the way naming systems are implemented.

'to resolve' a name, in this context is 'to link' that name to an entity (variables, stored procedure, methods, resources), in programming languages (as well in databases) the compiler resolves/links names user selects to entities in their program, by looking up a table of names against actual resources, the table can prepared by the compiler, manually etc.

I prepared the above but didn't post it, basically I have said similar things as Jektor.

taraa

Persian
    'to resolve' a name, in this context is 'to link' that name to an entity (variables, stored procedure, methods, resources), in programming languages (as well in databases) the compiler resolves/links names user selects to entities in their program, by looking up a table of names against actual resources, the table can prepared by the compiler, manually etc.

I prepared the above but didn't post it, basically I have said similar things as Jektor.
    Great. Thank you so much. :thank you: :thank you: :thank you:

taraa

Persian
    Sorry, can we say that the closest meaning in the dictionary is this?
    1. the ability of a television or film image to reproduce fine detail

Jektor

English (UK)
    Sorry, can we say that the closest meaning in the dictionary is this?
    1. the ability of a television or film image to reproduce fine detail
    Not in the context of computing, which uses "resolve" in its own technical sense. I don't think it's a very good choice of word for such a function. That's why I gave you the alternative words "decode" and "decipher" (or "translate") above.
    You are dealing with some complicated technical English here. It's explained a little more clearly here:

> "The Domain Name System (DNS) is the phonebook of the Internet. While humans access information online through domain names, like nytimes.com or espn.com, web browsers interact through Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. DNS translates domain names into IP addresses so that browsers can load Internet resources.

"Each device connected to the Internet has a unique IP address, which other machines use to find the device. DNS servers eliminate the need for humans to memorize IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1 (in IPv4), or more complex newer alphanumeric IP addresses such as 2400:cb00:2048:1::c629:d7a2 (in IPv6)...

"The process of DNS resolution involves converting a hostname (such as www.example.com) into a computer-friendly IP address (such as 192.168.1.1). An IP address is given to each device on the Internet, and that address is necessary to find the appropriate Internet device - like a street address is used to find a particular home. When a user wants to load a webpage, a translation must occur from what a user types into their web browser (example.com) into the machine-friendly address format necessary to locate the example.com webpage... more...
    cloudflare.com - learning/dns/what-is-dns

Does that help?