Persian: sugarcoat it

taraa

Persian
there are almost no players available to enter the game as replacements. They have to use Chicken Little, who hasn't been up to bat once since joining the team.

Uh... Strike one!
I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I've seen roadkill with faster reflexes.
The catcher lays down the signals. Here's the pitch.
Chicken Little, animation

What is the Persian equivalent for the bold? I saw in dictionaries that it's 'ماست مالي كردن', but in a thread they say it's 'صغري كبري چيدن', which is it?

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    It’s nether of those but I don’t know the Persian equivalent for it. Sugarcoating is when one attempts to make an unpleasant thing/situation/news appear more pleasant.

The term sugarcoating in its figurative sense, comes from the actual practice of putting a coating of sugar on bitter pills so people, especially children, could take them easier.

Last edited:

taraa

Persian
    It’s nether of those but I don’t know the Persian equivalent for it. Sugarcoating is when one attempts to make an unpleasant thing/situation/news appear more pleasant.

The term sugarcoating in its figurative sense, comes from the actual practice of putting a coating of sugar on bitter pills so people, especially children, could take them easier.
    Many thanks for the great explanation. :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: