Persian: take effect

taraa

Persian
Does 'take effect' mean 'اثر گذاشتن/اثر داشتن'?

itself; write(X) must certainly be done after the final write to xi. The output(BX) operation for the buffer block BX on which X resides does not need to take effect immediately after write(X) is executed, since the block BX may contain other data items that are still being accessed. Thus, the actual output may take place later.

Database System Concepts

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Does 'take effect' mean 'اثر گذاشتن/اثر داشتن'?
    Yes اثر گذاشتن is a good choice e.g. for ‘a drug to take effect’ but in your example به پایلن رسیدن. (to complete) fits better. I would have used ‘to complete’ in place of ‘take effect’

taraa

Persian
    Yes اثر گذاشتن is a good choice e.g. for ‘a drug to take effect’ but in your example به پایلن رسیدن. (to complete) fits better. I would have used ‘to complete’ in place of ‘take effect’
    Excellent. Many thanks. :thank you: :thank you:
    Sorry PersoLatin, what about 'be executed'? Wouldn't you have used 'be executed'?

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Sorry PersoLatin, what about 'be executed'? Wouldn't you have used 'be executed'?
    The text is vague, I can't be sure if 'executed' will work but if the intention, when they used 'take effect', was 'to execute' then of course, looks like one operation has to complete before another can start and complete but the text is not making that clear.

taraa

Persian
    The text is vague, I can't be sure if 'executed' will work but if the intention, when they used 'take effect', was 'to execute' then of course, looks like one operation has to complete before another can start and complete but the text is not making that clear.
    Many thanks for the all great explanations. :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: