Persian: Tips for learning

tsrawal

India, English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu
Hi all,

I have learnt Urdu recently and am quite thorough with Urdu. I am planning to take MA exam in Urdu language shortly.

I am now interested in learning Farsi ( Persian) . Since this language and its script is pretty close to Urdu, I am looking for some material which can help me learn Farsi through Urdu.

People from Pakistan may perhaps help me. Does anyone know of online resources or offline material ?

Regards

Dr. Tejinder Singh Rawal, India

• roh3x2n

Fars
    hi rawal

I will teach you the 1st sentence, which is ....

Farsi shakar ast.

so here they links

oops i got the following message.
    1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 30 posts or more.

Bienvenidos

USA
    Afghanistan/USA
    As for websites, there is easypersian.com; of course that's the Iranian dialect. Although it may be hard, I would try to find a native speaker to speak too. Farsi does have a lot of resources, but a native speaker is the best one you can find. Or even someone who has studied Farsi a lot. I know there are software programs (i.e. Rosetta Stone). I'm kind of half and half on Rosetta Stone....it's good because you hear phrases/expand your vocabulary and pick them up, but by no means does it provide any grammatical background. Let me know by PM if you need any help learning Farsi (I speak the Afghan dialect; I'm not sure which one you want to learn. They're very similar, but of course the Iranian dialect is the most "well known".

tsrawal

India, English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu
    Bien,

Thanks for the reply.

I willl check up at the website you stated.

I always believed they spoke Pushto in Afghanistan, didn't know it was Farsi too.

Since I may not be able to find a native Farsi speaker in this part of India, I may have to locate someone who has learnt Persian. I will try.

Regards

Tejinder

Bienvenidos

USA
    Afghanistan/USA
    Bien,

Thanks for the reply.

I willl check up at the website you stated.

I always believed they spoke Pushto in Afghanistan, didn't know it was Farsi too.

Since I may not be able to find a native Farsi speaker in this part of India, I may have to locate someone who has learnt Persian. I will try.

Regards

Tejinder
    Persian and Farsi are the same thing. :) The language's name is Persian internationally, but we call it "Farsi" in the Persian language itself. It's like "Spanish" and "español."

:) Good luck. The Iranian dialect of Persian is the most widely known, so you shouldn't have any problems.

< Previous | Next >