Persian: tuition/tutorial

taraa

Persian
What is the Farsi equivalent for 'tuition' and 'tutorial'?
tuition is teaching or instruction, especially of individual pupils or small groups.
A tutorial is a period of instruction given by a university or college tutor to an individual or very small group.

• Shandol

Persian - 𐎱𐎾𐎿𐎡
    Hello Taraa,
    That's a tough question, but let me give it a bash. :)
    tuition is teaching or instruction, especially of individual pupils or small groups.
    آموزش - تدریس
    A tutorial is a period of instruction given by a university or college tutor to an individual or very small group.
    تعلیم

I'm open to correction, here. :)

taraa

Persian
    Hello Taraa,
    That's a tough question, but let me give it a bash. :)

آموزش - تدریس

تعلیم

I'm open to correction, here. :)
    سلام
    ممنون
    باور کنید نمیدونم فرق اموزش با تعلیم چیه :) :)
    ولی از این ? ایشان به ایران رفته نبودند خیلی خوشم اومد

Shandol

Persian - 𐎱𐎾𐎿𐎡
    ولی از این ? ایشان به ایران رفته نبودند خیلی خوشم اومد
    :D
    باور کنید نمیدونم فرق اموزش با تعلیم چیه :) :)
    واقعیتش دو کلمه ی انگلیسی که ذکر کردید اینقدر از لحاظ معنایی به هم نزدیک هستند که فکر نمیکنم کلمات خاص و معینی که بتونه تفاوتهای کوچکشون رو بیان کنه در زبان شیرین پارسی وجود داشته باشه. حالا شاید دوستان پیشنهادهای بهتری داشته باشند.

taraa

Persian
    :D

واقعیتش دو کلمه ی انگلیسی که ذکر کردید اینقدر از لحاظ معنایی به هم نزدیک هستند که فکر نمیکنم کلمات خاص و معینی که بتونه تفاوتهای کوچکشون رو بیان کنه در زبان شیرین پارسی وجود داشته باشه. حالا شاید دوستان پیشنهادهای بهتری داشته باشند.

یه دنیا سپاس :thank you: :thank you: :) :)

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Tutorial is a session where students of a class do their work/assignment under supervision of a tutor. A tutorial is different to a normal classroom session as the tutor deals with students’ questions on a one-to-one basis, also there’s no lesson.

I can think of مطالعه/درس خواندن زیر نظر استاد

Tuition is no different to teaching, it is the formal name for the act of teaching & giving instructions, so I would use تدریس or تعلیم for tuition (e.g. ‘tuition fee’ is شهریه)

Last edited:

Shandol

Persian - 𐎱𐎾𐎿𐎡
    Tutorial is a session where students of a class do their work/assignment under supervision of a tutor. A tutorial is different to a normal classroom session as the tutor deals with students’ questions on a one-to-one basis, also there’s no lesson.
    You may also want to take a look at this thread created by Taraa dealing with the same matter.
    tution [tuition]/tutorial
    Here the difference has been clarified by those whose mother tongue was English. I think post #6 illuminated the difference quite very well.
    #6 said:
    For me, 'tuition' = teaching. 'a tutorial' refers to a single lesson.

'Tutorial' is most commonly a sort of introductory lesson that teaches you the basics of a new skill or (very commonly) computer programme. Less commonly, it can refer (in principle) to any lesson given by a tutor, or something similar. At some universities it refers to classes held one-on-one or in very small groups, which at other universities are called 'supervisions'.

'Tutorial' can also, less commonly, be an adjective, meaning 'having to do with tutors' - e.g. 'tutorial staff', i.e. those staff who are tutors.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    You may also want to take a look at this thread created by Taraa dealing with the same matter.
    tution [tuition]/tutorial
    Here the difference has been clarified by those whose mother tongue was English. I think post #6 illuminated the difference quite very well.
    Many moons ago when I went to college, in its British English sense, a tutorial was exactly how I described it.

Last edited:

taraa

Persian

I can think of مطالعه/درس خواندن زیر نظر استاد

Tuition is no different to teaching, it is the formal name for the act of teaching & giving instructions, so I would use تدریس or تعلیم for tuition (e.g. ‘tuition fee’ is شهریه)
    Excellent. Many thanks. :thank you: :thank you:
    Many moons ago when I went to college, in its British English sense, a tutorial was exactly how I described it,
    What did you study at uni?

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    ^^ College in the UK is the same as high school in the US so not a university, I was doing ‘A’ levels in two branches of mathematics which were prerequisites to enter university.