Background: based on a similar question about etymology, suffixes, etc. in Urdu: vaccine, vaccination, vaccinated, etc.
haaliizah - areola; ہالہ around سرپستان or an آبلہ
- Urdu Lughat currently lists the origin as Farsi. Is this word used in Persian (or was it coined in Urdu)? If yes, what meaning does it convey?
- Is ہالیزہ related to ہالہ?
- If yes, what role does "یزہ" have as a suffix?
- Are there other words formed on this pattern?
- What words (based on ہالہ) could be used for areolar? ہالہ دار، ہالی، ہالوی، ہالیزوی , or something else?