Persian: with a partition of its locally controlled actions

taraa

Persian
Should I translate 'partition' as 'افراز' or 'تجزیه'?

Recall that each I/O automaton comes equipped with a partition of its locally controlled actions; each equivalence class in the partition represents some task that the automaton is supposed to perform. Our notion of fairness is that each task gets infinitely many opportunities to perform one of its actions.

Lynch's Distributed Algorithms

• PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Partition can act as a verb: جدا سازی/تقسیم بندی or a noun: جدا شده/تقسیم شده, in context above it is a 'noun'.

a partition of its locally controlled actions
    'separate section' containing its locally controlled actions...

Not easy to recommend anything else as the text is very technical, maybe you can provide the part referred to here: "Recall that each I/O automaton comes equipped with a partition".

Last edited:

taraa

Persian
    ی دنیا ممنون :) :thank you::thank you:

Is that different from here, please?
    در نظریه مجموعه‌ها اِفراز یک مجموعه (به انگلیسی: Partition of a set)
    یعنی تبدیل کردن آن به زیرمجموعه‌هایش به طوری که، اشتراک هر کدام از آن زیرمجموعه‌ها با یکدیگر مجموعه تهی باشد (مجموعه‌های مجزا) و اجتماع تمامی زیر مجموعه‌ها برابر با مجموعه افراز شده باشد.

افراز مجموعه - ویکی‌پدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد

taraa

Persian
    No اِفراز/efrâz means جدا کردن چیزی but "Partition of a set" is talking about a different topic but اِفراز is "partition".
    Many thanks. :thank you: :thank you:

Sorry just this question, please. Even this second 'partition' is different from 'افراز'
    each equivalence class in the partition represents some task that the automaton is supposed to perform.

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Even this second 'partition' is different from 'افراز'
    each equivalence class in the partition represents some task that the automaton is supposed to perform.
    The second one (the partition) is just referring to all partitions of this type.