Persian: You deserve this/ you have earned it

ali likes the stars

German, Persian
Hello guys,

there are a few threads on deserve, but non of them for this context: deserve/earn in a positive meaning:

"You did well, you worked hard for it, you earned it and you deserve it!"

For example, when you asked your kid to clean their room and you give them a reward, and they say "Can I really have this?" and you answer, "Of course, you deserve it."

Thanks

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    شما سزاوارِ این ھستید۔

شما استحاقِ این دارید۔

شما درخورِ این ھستید

sehrehalal

English - US
    Great question. Not a native speaker here, wondering if anyone can comment on how the phrases

حقتان است
    لیاقتش را دارید

would work in this situation.

Usually I hear the first one (haqq-esh ast) in a negative context (i.e. S/he got what he deserved), can it be used positively as well? And the second one (liaqat-esho darid) might be more like "You're up to the task" depending on the context. But maybe it could make sense?

Probably there is even a ta'arof which would fit more natively to the context...

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    Usually I hear the first one (haqq-esh ast) in a negative context (i.e. S/he got what he deserved), can it be used positively as well?
    ‌Yes it can, haqqešé - it is her right/share, heqqe šomâst - it is your right/privilege. You can also say haqq bâ šomâst- you are right (lit. right is with you)

Last edited:

PersoLatin

UK
    Persian - Iran
    For example, when you asked your kid to clean their room and you give them a reward, and they say "Can I really have this?" and you answer, "Of course, you deserve it."
    I can not think of a suitable natural answer here, none of the above is used/appropriate as an answer for a child, you just say something بله/آره عزیزم ‘of course you can, dear/darling’

< Previous | Next >