Persian:you got the goddamn Germans, declaring open season on..

Help_Needed_Guy

Farsi
Hi. please help me to translate this sentence :

you got the goddamn Germans, declaring open season on Jews in Europe, and I’m suppose to fly to Philippines and fight a bunch Japanese,not me, pal. If we just go in this against the Japanese, the whole U.S. of godddamn A can go take a running jump at the moon.

Thanks in Advance.

• xjm

English - USA
    Are you sure your sentence is typed currect?
    The passage makes sense, although it's very colloquial. It is someone cursing about the political situation during World War II.

However, I think pure translation is against the forum rules. Usually it's better to take a guess at the translation when you post. (If you're having trouble understanding the sentence, you might also try the English Only forum.)

searcher123

Farsi/Persian/فارسي
    The passage makes sense, although it's very colloquial. It is someone cursing about the political situation during World War II.

However, I think pure translation is against the forum rules. Usually it's better to take a guess at the translation when you post. (If you're having trouble understanding the sentence, you might also try the English Only forum.)
    I'm agree with you completely. Just a question: in "goddamn A can", what is the "A" mentioned to? it is really the same as يك?

xjm

English - USA
    The phrase is the whole U. S. of the goddamn A. It could be rewritten the whole goddamn USA, but putting the "goddamn" part inside the acronym makes it more emphatic. It's a folksy sort of slang.

Can is the verb: The whole USA can go take a leap at the moon, meaning, attempt something ridiculous, crazy, or impossible. (Another folksy expression that's less current. I think it may also be equivalent to "go get screwed," "go take a long walk off a short pier," "go play in traffic," etc.)

This is why I suggested the English forums... it's very colloquial and old-fashioned. :)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >