person in charge at an archery shooting session


Senior Member

I'm trying to figure out how to refer to someone who, when a group of archers goes to a range to practice, is selected to oversee the shooting (they are the ones making the calls, giving commands, giving permission to go collect the arrows etc.). But he or she is not an employee of the range in this instance, but rather the most experienced and authoritative figure in the group, who by virtue of being so is qualified to play this role. I've used shooting instructor in the meantime, but that's obviously not a very appropriate rendering of the idea. The original literally means "shooting lead(er)".

Thanks in advance. :)
  • < Previous | Next >