personal enrichment / unjust enrichment

< Previous | Next >

Ioaw Caucus

Jin - Bingzhou - Qingxu dialect
Hi all would you please provide more clarification for the use of "enrichment" in the following contexts
AND of the meaning of the sentences themselves -

"The Clintons have turned the politics of personal enrichment into an artform for themselves"
"In 2008, two franchisees initiated a class-action lawsuit against the parent company for the switch to parbaking, "claiming breach ofcontract, breach of duty of fair dealing, negligent misrepresentation, and unjust enrichment"

sources:
<Non-functioning link removed by moderator (Florentia52)>
Tim Hortons sued by franchisees over frozen doughnuts

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nickle Sydney

Well, I do not mean to be rude and probably you're not going to like my response, but have you actually looked up this word? Any dictionary will give you a bunch of definitions and you're sure to find the right one. As for "unjust enrichment", I highly suggest you google or look up the whole thing. It's a term.

Ioaw Caucus

Well, I do not mean to be rude and probably you're not going to like my response, but have you actually looked up this word? Any dictionary will give you a bunch of definitions and you're sure to find the right one. As for "unjust enrichment", I highly suggest you google or look up the whole thing. It's a term.
    No worries - I did on two dictionaries and all there was was "action of improving the quality of..." and "the the process of getting wealthier...".

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    thanksmuch

In the first example as well? So what is "the politics" of personal enrichment really? The "art" of personal enrichment, kind of?
    You had two examples, so when I said 'in your examples', I made it clear I meant both your examples.
    what are "the politics" of personal enrichment?
    It means the management of your affairs - in the case of the Clintons, these are often political affairs - to fill your coffers.

Ioaw Caucus

You had two examples, so when I said 'in your examples', I made it clear I meant both your examples.

It means the management of your affairs - in the case of the Clintons, these are often political affairs - to fill your coffers.
    Okay. Thanks Thomas.

< Previous | Next >