Personality Adjectives

alc112

Argentina Spanish
Hi!! How are you?​
Let's start a Multilingual Glossary for adjectives that discribe personalities.
I put the English word, the definition and the translation into Spanish and some in German.

EDIT: Changed jelous for jeaulous. Thanks Daniel
Two collums put for Loud. Thanks Nicole

Attachments

• Personality Adjectives.xls
    35 KB · Views: 3,452
  • VenusEnvy

English, United States
    • I added alternate definitions in the English column. I'm not sure I liked the format of, "I am . . .". Sorry, Ale! You can keep your own, or take them out. Afterall, I'm not to change, only add.

• I also added more English words at the bottom.
    • I bolded the headings to make the sheet more reader-friendly. Is this ok? . . .
    • I also deleted extra space to lessen its size.

Ale: Your translation for loud has two translations on one line. I think they should be on separate lines. Just a thought . . .

How about a more appropriate title: Personality Traits ?

Ale: Good one! :thumbsup:

Vanda

Moderesa de Beagá
    Português/ Brasil
    Hello there

Hope you don't mind my taking the freedom of adding Portuguese words
    into the glossary (I never find the Portuguese entry ). I just go on my
    own.. :)

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    I added:
    • German translations
    • new lines for more German translations (and deleted the Portuguese and Spanish, because otherwise they would have appeared twice)
    • new line for "intelligent" with the definition of "clever"
    I suggest:
    • correction of the word "jelous" to "jeaulous".
    I ask:
    • about animal adjectives, such as "shy", in German we have a "shy" for animal and people - different words.
    I say:
    • very good job, Alexis! :thumbsup:

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    alc112 said:
    Nicole,
    What happened to your first file? YOu erased it?
    Yah, I had to. I needed more space. :(

But, the one I deleted was old. The information that was there should be incorporated into my newest sheet.

Phryne

Argieland--Esp/Eng
    Hi y'all!

I added:
    - amarrete (cheap), malhumorado (moody),

I corrected some spelling mistakes:
    - difícil (added accent mark), inteligente (should have one "l" only), egoísta (added accent mark)

I don't think it's the rigth translation although I did nothing about it:
    - caprichoso/a for moody.

"Caprichoso" is someone picky, or a brat. Moody means that the person's moods changes constantly. I like "malhumorado" better.

Those are the only ones that come to my mind right now.

Saludos :)

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    alc112 said:
    EDIT: Changed jelous for jeaulous. Thanks Daniel
    Two collums put for Loud. Thanks Nicole
    Oh, Ale. :)

Ok, it is spelled jealous.
    And, loud still has two definitions in one column. Do you see?

Lastly, if you make any changes, instead of editing your first sheet, use the one that was last posted (post #9). That way, all of people's contibutions are accounted for.

Si haces unos cambios, en lugar de corregir tu primer hoja, usa la que fue puesta ultimamente (post #9). De ahí, todo de las aportaciones de la gente se incluyen. (No sé cómo se diría "accounted for" . . .)

(¿He hablado claramente?)

Good luck, amigo!

Luzye

Español (México)
    Sobre "accounted for": De esa manera, las aportaciones de todos son tomadas en cuenta.

VenusEnvy said:
    Oh, Ale. :)
    Lastly, if you make any changes, instead of editing your first sheet, use the one that was last posted (post #9). That way, all of people's contibutions are accounted for.

Si haces unos cambios, en lugar de corregir tu primer hoja, usa la que fue puesta ultimamente (post #9). De ahí, todo de las aportaciones de la gente se incluyen. (No sé cómo se diría "accounted for" . . .)

(¿He hablado claramente?)

Good luck, amigo!

Anna Più

Catalonia, Catalan
    Originally posted by Phryne
    "Caprichoso" is someone picky, or a brat. Moody means that the person's moods changes constantly. I like "malhumorado" better.

Those are the only ones that come to my mind right now.

Hello Phryene!
    I think the Spanish translation for moody Could be also "lunático/a". Lunático means that the person's moods changes constantly.
    Malhumurado means that a person is angry, or with negative thoughts, or that has a bad day... "Peter has a bad day... he is Malhumorado".

Saludos!

alc112

Argentina Spanish
    Nueva versión:
    • Hice nuevo orden mediante la herramienta de Combinar celdas. Ahora queda mucho más entendible
    • Más formato, para poder guiarse mejor con las palabras
    • Cambié Emocional por Emotivo, que yo había escrito.
    • Muchas gracias a Nicole por toda la ayuda. Básicamente ella arregló todas las definiciones. Yo agregué el formato.
    Saludos

EDIT: no sé por qué, pero no aparecen las líneas divisorias que hice. ¿Será algo del Software?
    EDIT: cambiado lightthearted por lighthearted

Attachments

• Personality Adjectives 8.xls
      23 KB · Views: 297

boogie_girl112

English
    For my homework I need your help... can someone post some GOOD and PRESENTABLE adjectives that describe personality of a person(On for every letter of the english alphabets before THURSDAY.. IN CANADA) PLZ...! .. I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THE.. AND PLZ GIVE ME AN IDEA ABOUT THE WORD.. CAUSE' I NEED TO WRITE A PARAGRAPH ON EACH WORD

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    boogie_girl112 said:
    For my homework I need your help... can someone post some GOOD and PRESENTABLE adjectives that describe personality of a person(On for every letter of the english alphabets before THURSDAY.. IN CANADA) PLZ...! .. I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THE.. AND PLZ GIVE ME AN IDEA ABOUT THE WORD.. CAUSE' I NEED TO WRITE A PARAGRAPH ON EACH WORD
    Boogie: I feel sorry for you. Where did you get the idea that the people here to homework for lazy students? You need to do this yourself! Then, you can post it here, and we can look it over for you, correct it, make comments, and so forth. But, we will NOT do your homework for you.

I recommend you read the FAQ before posting again. They can provide you with guidance on what the site is about.

DDT

Italy - Italian
    VenusEnvy said:
    Boogie: I feel sorry for you. Where did you get the idea that the people here to homework for lazy students? You need to do this yourself! Then, you can post it here, and we can look it over for you, correct it, make comments, and so forth. But, we will NOT do your homework for you.

I recommend you read the FAQ before posting again. They can provide you with guidance on what the site is about.

Venus, I couldn't have said it better! Thanks a bunch for pointing that out :)

DDT

Tao

Dutch
    Hello, people.

I've added Dutch :)
    What do you people think about a Surinam edition? I can easily add that too. For those of you who don't know it's a language spoken in Surinam in the north of South America.

Attachments

• Personality Adjectives 8[1].xls
      19 KB · Views: 352

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    robbie: I have a question about some terms you put down....

For "loud" you put zgomotos, galagios. In the glossary, there are two meanings for "loud". They are 1.) noisy, and 2.) boisterous. Do these two words in Romanian correspond to the different meanings?......

Is zgomotos more like loud, or boisterous? Is galagios more like loud or boisterous?

VenusEnvy

English, United States
    I .....

- revised some English definitions
    - fixed formatting issues
    - made it so that only one word is per line
    - added some Spanish translations

robbie_SWE

Trilingual: Swedish, Romanian & English
    VenusEnvy said:
    robbie: I have a question about some terms you put down....

For "loud" you put zgomotos, galagios. In the glossary, there are two meanings for "loud". They are 1.) noisy, and 2.) boisterous. Do these two words in Romanian correspond to the different meanings?......

Is zgomotos more like loud, or boisterous? Is galagios more like loud or boisterous?

I would like to say that zgomotos is closest to noisy. Galagios is colsest to boisterous. It was quite hard to seperate those two, but I hope it's correct!

:) robbie