1. sofiagom Member

    argentine spanish
    Necesito traducir un titulo de Doctorado y mi duda es ¿en Inglés la sigla Ph D se aplica a todos los doctorados o solamente en Filosofía? Desde ya,gracias.
  2. Kibramoa

    Kibramoa Senior Member

    Heart of Texas, U.S.A.
    Spanish - MX
    En Estados Unidos he visto que a muchos los doctorados los designan con Ph. D., no necesariamente el doctorado es en filosofía. Mira estos ejemplos: 1, 2, 3.
    Ph. D. indica el nivel/grado de los estudios no el campo en que uno se especializa.

    ¿De qué especialidad es el título del doctorado que tienes que traducir?

  3. rusita preciosa

    rusita preciosa Modus forendi

    USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    PhD means a doctorate degree in science, not only philosophy. Could be mathematics, linguistics, biochemistry etc...

    There are other professional doctorates that are not PhD:
    MD - medical doctor
    PharmD - doctor of pharmacy
    JD - Juris Doctor (lawyer)
    DDS - Doctor of Dental Surgery
    DMD - Doctor of Dental Medicine... etc...

    So a medical doctor can also have a scientific doctorate (say, microbiology) and his title would be John Smith, MD, PhD

    Espero que sirva
  4. sofiagom Member

    argentine spanish
    El título de doctorado que yo debo traducir es Doctorado en Docencia Universitaria.... ¿Como lo traducirían?. Desde ya, gracias a ambos.
  5. rusita preciosa

    rusita preciosa Modus forendi

    USA (Φιλαδέλφεια)
    Russian (Moscow)
    Apparently, there are two different doctorates in education: PhD in Education (scientific degree) and EdD (professional degree). I'm not sure what the difference is, but look at this website and see if you can find which one is a better match.

    Ph.D. in Education
    • General Program
    • Adult Education Leadership
    • Community College Leadership
    • Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
    • Early Childhood Education
    • Educational Technology
    • Higher Education
    • K-12 Educational Leadership
    • Special Education
    • Self-Designed
    Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
    • Administrator Leadership for Teaching and Learning
    • Higher Education and Adult Learning
    • Teacher Leadership
    May be there are educators on this site who would know the exact difference...

Share This Page