più avanti nello stesso paragrafo

< Previous | Next >

Joan bolets

Italian/Sicilian
Hi... what's the best way of putting this sentence right? This is my text in Italian:

Rimando la questione della operativizzazione della variabile dipendente al più ampio assunto relativo ai meccanismi di cambiamento, i quali saranno descitti in dettaglio più avanti nello stesso paragrafo

Thi is my attempt in English:

I will then defer the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable to the broader issue of the mechanisms of change, that will be described in full details further (down)in this same paragraph.

Thanks!

• TrentinaNE

USA
    English (American)
    Direi:
    I will then defer the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable to the broader issue of the mechanisms of change, which will be described in full detail later in this same paragraph.
    Except that the middle part doesn't sound quite right. Usually one defers discussion of a question until a later section or a later time... I'll think on it. ;)

Elisabetta

DAH

USA/California--English
    Keeping the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable to the broader issue relative to the mechanisms of change which are fully discussed below.

k_georgiadis

English (AmE)
    And this is my attempt:

I will postpone discussing the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable until we address the broader issue of the mechanisms of change, which will be described in detail later in this paragraph.

Beccaccia

USA Vulcan
    Hi... what's the best way of putting this sentence right? This is my text in Italian:

Rimando la questione della operativizzazione della variabile dipendente al più ampio assunto relativo ai meccanismi di cambiamento, i quali saranno descitti in dettaglio più avanti nello stesso paragrafo

Thi is my attempt in English:

I will then defer the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable to the broader issue of the mechanisms of change, that will be described in full details further (down)in this same paragraph.

Thanks!
    And this is my attempt:

I will postpone discussing the question of the operationalization of the dependent variable until we address the broader issue of the mechanisms of change, which will be described in detail later in this paragraph.
    I think k_georgiadis made very good suggestion, my observation of your text in Italian seem more like trying to translate word for word. But I am still student and will humbly offer my version as follows, if it will help.

Here is a suggestion for your text”

As a questions on the mechanisms of change and its related dependent operationalization, the variables of the broader issues will be described in full details further (down) in this same paragraph.

I don’t like this stone in the mouth word “operationalization”
    Un sasso nela bocca ?( its just me trying to learn )
    un a parole l’imboccatura“?

M

samyiaza

Romanian
    "Operationalization" exists, and its use in the paragraph is correct, it is not recommended to replace it. It is a term used in research methodology to indicate the definition of a variable in measurable terms.

hitomi_85

italiano
    Hi =) The context is very similar to Joan's one. Anyway, here it is.
    It is a short essay (15 pages) to translate from Italian to English. It is about the collection of money from the Crown for missions.

" Pertanto anche altri ufficiali di corte organizzavano alcune di queste missioni (di questo daremo qualche esempio più avanti)"

my attempt is
    "Therefore, also other court officials organized some of these missions (we will give some examples of them more forward)"

< Previous | Next >