Piano di carico

friedfrog

Italian, Milan
Hi, anyone knows the English translation for "piano di carico"? speaking in the context of the Logistic processes of a company. I used to work for an Airline company and we often used the word Load sheet for the document stating the load figures before departure, for I'd say that "piano di carico" might be "load plan", but I happened to read somewhere loading plan.
Does anyone know exactly which could suit better?
Bye

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I'm not sure of the context.

If you are talking about loading an airplane, then there is a formal process of putting the cargo into the airplane so it remains stable during takeoff, flight, and landing - this process is done by a "loadmaster" who is someone specially trained in this process.

There may be more specific phrases like "load distribution plan" for an airplane - but is that what you mean?

friedfrog

Italian, Milan
    Sorry Tim, I wasn't clear in my post..the plane stuff was just a reference I had in my mind, the text I'm working at deals with the Logistic Department of a company producing and distributing machines, appliances and related accessories for replacements; so that "piano di carico" is about the products movements in and out of the warehouses and the related invoices, shipping notes,data record in the archive etc..I think I'll simply go with "Load plan" ..what do you say?

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Sorry Tim, I wasn't clear in my post..the plane stuff was just a reference I had in my mind, the text I'm working at deals with the Logistic Department of a company producing and distributing machines, appliances and related accessories for replacements; so that "piano di carico" is about the products movements in and out of the warehouses and the related invoices, shipping notes,data record in the archive etc..I think I'll simply go with "Load plan" ..what do you say?
    OK, I understand now, so I might leave it more "general" and say:
    Warehousing and shipping plan
    Warehousing and shipping procedures
    Shipping and storage procedures

I would probably use something with the word "procedures" since it involves many different steps.

< Previous | Next >