piecaken (dessert)

bennymix

Has this turned up across the Pond (BE)?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/dining/forget-turducken-its-piecaken-time.html?contentCollection=weekendreads&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=c-column-middle-span-region&region=c-column-middle-span-region&WT.nav=c-column-middle-span-region&_r=0

...It's Piecaken Time

It’s a spiced poundcake with layers of pecan pie and pumpkin pie, topped with upside-down apple pie, slathered in cinnamon buttercream and edged in oat struessel.

• JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    It's an underground word, according to the article. It's not even made it into the Google Ngram print database, so it must circulate in the dark book world:D

Hermione Golightly

British English
    I saw it for the second time yesterday. I am so excited to think that I know an 'underground' word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds so wicked - except I'm a deeply neurotic purist.
    I don't want one for dessert any more than I want a chickturduckleon or whatever they are called for the main course.

If you really, truly, madly, deeply, love me, send me each dish in all its glory separately, with all the appropriate trimmings.

Happy Thanksgiving to us all, each and every one

Myridon

English - US
    It's a variation of turducken (a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey) thus the -en (like workaholic from alcoholic even though -oholic doesn't really have a meaning).

ewie

English English
    Never heard of it, BM ... and everyone else can draw straws for my slice (the short straw has to eat it).

(I'm still not recovered from finding there was a foodstuff that started with turd:cool:)

fiercediva

American English
    I once spent a painful Thanksgiving evening toe up on the floor in digestive agony after having a small portion of turducken in lieu of turkey. If piecaken is a similar Satanic invention, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    PPS
    I forgot to mention that whatever you kindly send me must not, absolutely not, under any circumstances not, contain that loathesome pumpkin stuff. Seriously, and I mean it, cross my heart. Apple Pie of course, Chiffon Pie, Banana Cream Pie, any old pie but not Pumpkin.
    If you need to offload pumpkin, please send me soup.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    It’s a spiced poundcake with layers of pecan pie and pumpkin pie, topped with upside-down apple pie, slathered in cinnamon buttercream and edged in oat struessel.
    My guess is that it's something concocted by the makers of anti-cholesterol drugs.

< Previous | Next >