pilone dell'elettrodotto

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by intogargano, Jan 11, 2013.

  1. intogargano Member

    Hi to everyone.

    I´m translating some road indications and I really don´t know how to translate "pilone dell´elettrodotto".

    The context is:

    "...girare a destra, sempre riferendosi al pilone dell´elettrodotto"

    My attempt is:

    "turn to right, always referring to....(e qui il vuoto)...:confused:

    Any suggestion...????
  2. Lazzini

    Lazzini Senior Member

    In the UK a pilone dell'elettrodotto would commonly be known as an electricity pylon. The part of your sentence that I'm not clear about is sempre riferendosi. Could it mean simply:

    "...turn right at the electricity pylon"?
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Fooler

    Fooler Senior Member

    Italian (Italy)
    My try

    Turn right and keep/follow the direction to the electric main support/tangent tower
  4. Lazzini

    Lazzini Senior Member

    Having seen Fooler's post, I would change my translation to "Turn right and head towards the electricity pylon".
  5. TimLA

    TimLA Senior Member

    Los Angeles
    English - US
    If THIS is what you're talking about, in AE we'd say "turn right at the electrical tower".
  6. CPA Senior Member

    British English/Italian - bilingual
    Also known as "traliccio" in Italian. :)

Share This Page