Pirate Booty

< Previous | Next >

Jeepster

Normally, he would have taken this moment of mental meandering to contemplate masturbating, or whether whatever Pirate Booty rubble could be found at the bottom of the bag would justify the trip upstairs.

Safran Foer. Here I Am

Please, what is Pirate Booty rubble?! Or what it could be?

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    • Pirate booty is articles stolen by pirates. With the capital letters it's also a brand name for a type of savoury puffed rice (see Pirate's Booty - Wikipedia).
    • Rubble is broken brick or stone; here it means a jumble of small items.

So I imagine the entire phrase means whether the jumble of tasty items at the bottom of the bag would justify the trip upstairs. However, from the style of the sentence (and you would know this better than me) it's possible that the "tasty items" might include drugs.

Jeepster

• Pirate booty is articles stolen by pirates. With the capital letters it's also a brand name for a type of savoury puffed rice (see Pirate's Booty - Wikipedia).
    • Rubble is broken brick or stone; here it means a jumble of small items.
    So I imagine the entire phrase means whether the jumble of tasty items at the bottom of the bag would justify the trip upstairs. However, from the style of the sentence (and you would know this better than me) it's possible that the "tasty items" might include drugs.
    Thank you. Seems to me (context is key) it still is puffed rice (or this or that sort of nuts)

< Previous | Next >