pitch in

< Previous | Next >

Gabriel Malheiros

Portuguese - Brazil
Does this phrase make sense to you?

"I can pitch in with my skills and my inteligence on his project".

What I mean is: I can contribute with my skills and my inteligence on his project..

Is that wrong?

• owlman5

English-US
    The combination of "pitch in" and "on his project" looks strange to me, GM. I prefer some version of the sentence you used in your explanation: I can contribute my skills and intelligence to his project.

Gabriel Malheiros

Portuguese - Brazil
    The combination of "pitch in" and "on his project" looks strange to me, GM. I prefer some version of the sentence you used in your explanation: I can contribute my skills and intelligence to his project.
    Can't I use "pitch in with"? Somethink like: we can pitch in with 100 dollars to the gift/to buy the gift"

Dogboy1000

English - US
    Whoops, owlman5, my bad. I hadn't realized that "on his project" was an odd combination. I have now, sorry.

owlman5

English-US
    You can use whatever you want to use, GM. I gave you my opinion in post #3. I wouldn't use that combination in my own writing.

< Previous | Next >