pitching <a take> on the story

slothlee

汉语
Here are the paragraphs :"Disney is developing a live-action movie version of its animated “Winnie the Pooh” property, hiring “Listen Up Philip” writer-director Alex Ross Perry to write the adaptation.

The focus will be on an adult version of the book’s Christopher Robin. Perry was hired after pitching a take on the story to the studio."
What does "pitching a take on the story" mean here? What does "a take " mean?

• stez

english - australia
    To present a version, with the intention of getting the producers to give their approval and to go ahead with the production.

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    "Pitching a take" isn't supposed to be understood all together, like "throwing a fit" would be. To "pitch" means to propose or sell. A "take" is a particular interpretation or way of understanding something -- we use it often in sentences like, "I've told you what I think about all this. What's your take on the issue?"

So "pitching a take on the story" means approximately "proposing an interpretation of the story."

slothlee

汉语
    "Pitching a take" isn't supposed to be understood all together, like "throwing a fit" would be. To "pitch" means to propose or sell. A "take" is a particular interpretation or way of understanding something -- we use it often in sentences like, "I've told you what I think about all this. What's your take on the issue?"

So "pitching a take on the story" means approximately "proposing an interpretation of the story."
    Thank you so so much, Glenfarclas. I have checked the dictionary after your explanation to "take". It says that "take" can mean "the particular opinion or idea that sb has about sth."Thank you again for your detailed explaining.

< Previous | Next >