Platform and smoking

< Previous | Next >

Vitalore

Portugues Brasil
Hello. I need two translations. "Suicide platform" and "No smoking allowed here" or "Smoking is forbidden here" or something equivalent. By "suicide platform" I mean literally a platform from which one can jump to commit the act. A platform that exists solely for that purpose. Also, if possible, do translate these using as few characters as possible.

Thanks.

• DaylightDelight

Japanese - Tokyo
    Non smoking = 禁煙 [kin en] (禁=prohibit 煙=smoke)

No common phrase for "suicide platform". 自殺台 [jisatsu dai] (自殺=suiside 台=platform) may make sense if you provide enough background, but it is not an established phrase.

810senior

Japanese
    No smoking: 喫煙禁止(lit. smoking forbidden) or 禁煙(lit. prohibited-smoking).
    As for suicide platform, I'm not sure what you mean by platform, whether the train platform, viewing platform or something else. Could you give us more clue?

Vitalore

Portugues Brasil
    No smoking: 喫煙禁止(lit. smoking forbidden) or 禁煙(lit. prohibited-smoking).
    As for suicide platform, I'm not sure what you mean by platform, whether the train platform, viewing platform or something else. Could you give us more clue?
    The platform is a steel beam. You could say it's a "viewing platform" as you said. Would "suicide spot" sound ok in Japanese? That would work too.

Last edited:

810senior

Japanese
    Well the platform is made of steel beams, right? I guess I still didn't catch it. Perhaps the image that explains it will help us understand.
    Suicide spot would make sense in 自殺スポットzisatsu spotto, a place(well-known in most case) for suicide.

Vitalore

Portugues Brasil
    Well the platform is made of steel beams, right? I guess I still didn't catch it. Perhaps the image that explains it will help us understand.
    Suicide spot would make sense in 自殺スポットzisatsu spotto, a place(well-known in most case) for suicide.
    That works, ありがとう!

< Previous | Next >